US missile hits Syrian passenger bus near Iraqi border, five people killed
A U.S. missile hit a Syrian passenger bus near the Iraqi border, killing five and injuring 10, Syria's official news agency reported Monday.
The news agency reported that the air-to-surface missile hit the bus Sunday morning on the Iraqi side of the border. The bus was carrying Syrians fleeing the war in Iraq, the agency said.
The Syrian agency added the wounded were taken to a Syrian hospital on the Syrian-Iraqi border, while the dead were sent to a hospital on the outskirts of the Syrian capital Damascus. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- <i>Al Bawaba</i> sources: U.S. ensures personal safety of Iraqi FM en route to Cairo
- Iraq: 50 people kidnapped as US fire kills five civilians
- Six British troops dead near Basra as US troops kill five Iraqis in separate incidents west of Baghdad
- US offensive along Syrian-Iraqi border: Three Americans, scores of gunmen killed
- Report: Five dead as storm hits Syria