US Muslim Activists Say Palestinian-American Missing in West Bank
American Muslims for Jerusalem (AMJ),an organization concerned with US foreign policy pertaining to occupied Jerusalem, is attempting to locate an American citizen of Palestinian descent who was last seen in the West Bank, reported the official Saudi News Agency (SPA), quoting a statement.
According to AMJ, Adnan Ali has been missing since August 1 when his car was found abandoned near the Israeli settlement of Ofra. Reports quoted by the agency confirm there were no signs of a struggle, but there was evidence that the Israeli army had examined the car.
When Ali's family called the American consulate general in Jerusalem on August 3, they were told that Adnan had been detained by the Israeli forces and that they should come to the consulate to see him.
When the family arrived, however, consular officials said there had been a mistake and they had no information concerning his whereabouts, said the report.
The US State Department says it is investigating the case, according to the agency – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Q&A: Palestinian-American UFC Fighter Ramsey Nijem
- CNN Exposes Israeli Torture Methods against American Palestinians
- Bill Maher’s “Towel Headed Hos”
- All expenses paid propaganda trip? American Muslims justify why they took a Zionist tour
- A Palestinian worker fixes the Swedish national flag at the Consulate General of Sweden in Jerusalem