US President invites Turkish governing party leader to Washington
United States President George W. Bush has invited the leader of Turkey's governing party, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, to visit Washington, possibly ahead of the European Union (EU) summit on December 12, the Pentagon's number two, Paul Wolfowitz, said in Ankara on Wednesday.
The invitation was conveyed to Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) by Paul Wolfowitz, in the course of talks in the Turkish capital on Tuesday, an official Turkish source said, cited by AFP.
Erdogan was expected to be in Washington on December 10 to meet with President Bush, the Turkish official added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Erdogan cancels northern Cyprus trip
- Nasrallah thanks Erdogan for Palestinian stances
- Turkish governing party leader visits US for talks with President Bush, UN Secretary General
- Bush Invites Lebanon’s President for Washington Talks
- Opposition parties in Jordan call upon govt. to reject US-led coalition against IS