US Report: Egypt Succeeds in Anti-Terrorism Fight
The US administration has accentuated the Egyptian government's success in fighting terrorism and promoting international cooperation in the fight against this phenomenon, said Arabic News.com Wednesday.
The US State Department's annual report, published last Wednesday on terrorism cited that in 1999 there were no terrorist-related attacks in Egypt.
The report said "this was the first time in years that no deaths due to terrorism were recorded in Egypt."
According to the report, the decline of terrorism in Egypt was due to efforts by the Egyptian government against terrorism - (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- UAE Hands Over Anti-Terrorism Report to United Nations
- Egypt's Mubarak Discusses US attacks With Bush, Schroeder
- US: Terrorism Threat has Shifted from Middle East to South Asia
- Egypt Mufti Says ‘Zionists’ Slandering Islam
- State Department report: Middle East is of greatest concern in fight against ''terrorism''