US Secretary of State in Egypt
Under mounting Arab pressure to force Israel to withdraw its troops out of the West Bank, US Secretary of State Colin Powell is reaching out to Egypt for help in persuading Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to crack down on terror against Israel.
Powell, in the second day of his Middle East mission, drew mixed results in meetings in Morocco with Moroccan King Mohammed VI and Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah. (Albawaba.com)
- Powell Starts Regional Tour in Morocco; Report: Morocco Possible Asylum to Arafat
- Moroccan king, Powell meet
- Saudi Crown Prince Delivers Warning to Powell on US Policy in Mideast
- Powell to Arrive in Cairo
- Powell Leaves to Region on Sunday But Plans No Meeting With Arafat; Abed Rabbo Briefly Detained By Israeli Troops