US soldier killed in blast as two Iraqi women working for occupation authorities shot dead
A US soldier was killed and two others were wounded when a homemade bomb exploded in Baqouba, the U.S. military said Thursday.
The attack Wednesday injured the three troops, two of whom were taken to a military hospital in Balad, where one died. The second soldier was in stable condition.
Elsewhere, attackers killed two Iraqi women working as translators for the British army, officials said Thursday.
The two women, sisters, were driving home in a taxi in Basra late Wednesday when gunmen stopped the vehicle and opened fire on them, an occupation official in the southern city said, according to The AP.
A day earlier, two US nationals were shot dead by attackers dressed in police uniforms. Authorities were investigating whether genuine police or attackers in disguise killed the American man and woman from the "Coalition Provisional Authority" (CPA) and their translator. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US soldier, Iraqi killed in blasts as seven people wounded in attack on Mosul building
- Iraq: Two American soldiers killed, two wounded
- Three occupation troops, some 46 Iraqis killed in attacks, clashes
- String of attacks across Iraq kill nine, American soldier wounded
- Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks