US soldier killed, at least 19 wounded in fresh Iraqi attacks
Mortar rounds slammed into a U.S. base north of Baghdad, wounding at least 19 American soldiers, the U.S. military said Friday.
Several explosions rocked the base near Balad, some 90 kilometers north of the capital, late Thursday, U.S. military spokesman Cpl. Todd Pruden told The Associated Press.
Elsewhere, an American soldier was killed in an attack on his convoy in the capital late Thursday, Pruden said.
The convoy attack occurred at about 8:30 p.m. in eastern Baghdad. The soldier was inside a Bradley fighting vehicle when he was shot. He was evacuated to a military hospital, but died of his wounds, Pruden added. (Albawaba.com)
- American soldier shot dead in Baghdad, four injured
- Five US soldiers die in Iraq as British troops kill 16 Iraqi fighters
- New attacks kill two US troops, Iraqi driver
- American soldier shot dead in Baghdad as more than 1000 Iraqis captured by US forces
- Iraq: U.S. soldier killed in convoy attack near Baqouba