US soldier killed northeast of Baghdad
Iraqi resistance fighters killed a U.S. soldier near the town of Baquba northeast of Baghdad on Friday evening, the U.S. military said on Saturday. A spokesman said the soldier died after being ambushed.
U.S. occupation troops clashed Iraqi resistance fighters for a third straight day Saturday in the area.
In another attack near the town of Tahrir, which is near Baqouba, Iraqis launched rocket-propelled grenades at an American patrol. The two wounded soldiers were evacuated to a military hospital.
At least 13 Iraqis have been killed in the clashes that started Thursday when US forces moved into the town looking for Iraqi fighters. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Five US soldiers die in Iraq as British troops kill 16 Iraqi fighters
- Two Iraqi fighters killed in clashes with US troops
- Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks
- One American soldier killed, four wounded in attack northeast of Baghdad
- Iraq: U.S. soldier killed in convoy attack near Baqouba