US soldiers kill Iraqi teen, injure four at Fallujah wedding
American soldiers killed an Iraqi teenager and wounded four other people in Fallujah on Wednesday, according to witnesses.
US soldiers opened fire when their convoy drove near a house where a wedding was taking place and shots were being fired in the air in celebration in Fallujah, 50 kilometers west of the capital Baghdad, according to AFP.
Sufian Daoud, 14, was shot dead and four people, including two women, were injured in the incident, which occurred at 11:00 pm (local time) Wednesday, witnesses said.
The wounded were transferred to hospital in the town for medical treatment.
The troops, apparently believing they were the target of the celebratory fire, shot in the direction of both the people attending the wedding and passers-by.
A US military spokesman in Baghdad said there was no immediate information available on the report. (Albawaba.com)
- Three Iraqi passers-by injured by American forces in Fallujah; Baghdad: U.S. soldier injured in RPG attack
- Three US troops wounded near Fallujah, as seven Iraqis killed in protest, bombing
- US troops kill 10 Iraqi security men in Fallujah
- Witnesses: Several US soldiers injured in firefight close to Fallujah
- Seven American soldiers, three Iraqi national guardsmen killed in car blast