US undersecretary of state in Moscow for talks on Russia’s ties with Iran; threatened US attack on Iraq
United States Under Secretary of State John Bolton arrived in Moscow on Wednesday for talks expected to center on Russia's contacts with Iran, the threatened U.S. military action in Iraq and other strategic matters, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
Bolton was due to meet with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Georgy Mamedov, Atomic Energy Minister Alexander Rumyantsev and Aerospace Agency chief Yuri Koptev, said a U.S. Embassy spokesman on condition of anonymity.
He added that Bolton would review a wide-range of security and nonproliferation issues during three days of talks with Russian officials, however did not provide further detail. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S., Russia discuss Iraq; Blix heads to Moscow; Iran: No agreement to provide US troops with two military bases
- Russian Security Chief Hails Growing Ties with Iran
- US, Russia Spar over Moscow’s Plans to Sell Arms to Iran
- U.S. not to finance Russian space program due to Moscow military ties with Tehran
- US Says Russia Still Open for Ex-Soviet Base Use for Afghan Attack