US warns of possible attack against interests in Bahrain
The United States Government said Tuesday it has received a "specific" threat of a possible attack against American interests in Bahrain. It has warned US citizens to avoid places in the Gulf kingdom frequented by Westerners.
The Bahrain warning was issued by the US embassy in Manama. "The United States Government has received terrorist threat information specific to Bahrain," the AFP news agency quoted it as saying.
"The US embassy in Manama encourages all American citizens to avoid places where Westerners are known to congregate and to reduce unnecessary travel.
"The embassy is seeking more information on this threat." (Albawaba.com)
- US Warns of Possible Terrorist Attacks Against US Targets
- Report: US military on alert over possible attacks against troops deployed to Gulf
- British Embassy in Bahrain warns of terrorist attacks
- Baghdad Warns: Attack Would Threaten US Interests in Mid-East
- Report: Iran warns Turkey againt intervention inside Syria