US Warns of Terrorist Threats in Israel, Palestinian Territories
The United States on Friday warned Americans not to travel to Israel and the Palestinian territories due to increased terrorism threats as officials in Washington expressed deep pessimism over the Middle East peace process, according to AFP.
"The US government has indications that there is a heightened threat of terrorist incidents in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza," the State Department said in a statement.
"In light of several recent terrorist bombings in Israel and continuing violence in Gaza and the West Bank, American citizens should exercise extreme caution and avoid shopping areas, malls, public buses, bus stops as well as crowded areas and demonstrations," it said.
Meanwhile, the British consul in Jerusalem announced a similar warning to Britons, "strongly" advising them against travel to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
The consul said he did "not detect that the security situation has
The potential for further violence remains high, he said, quoted by the agency as saying -- Albawaba.com
- US Warns of Possible Terrorist Attacks Against US Targets
- US Warns Against Increased Risk of Terrorism in Israel, Palestine
- US advises against travel to Israel, West Bank, Gaza
- Sharon to Highlight '\'Terrorist Threats'\' to Israel, US During Meeting with Bush
- US Believes Indonesian Bombings will Continue, Warns against Travel