US Welcomes Agreement between Kuwait, Saudi Arabia
The US welcomed the recent agreement signed between Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, which delineated their maritime boundary, reported Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), quoting US state department's chief spokesman.
"We consider this agreement important in contributing to long-term peace and stability in the region," Richard Boucher said in a statement.
"We commend the two parties for settling this matter through the process of negotiation," Boucher said.
The two countries signed the agreement in Kuwait last Saturday, during a three-day visit by Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdelaziz - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. welcomes Iran agreement to allow inspectors to the new Qom facility
- Carter, Saudis hope to broker ‘Mecca II’ agreement between Palestinian groups
- PAS welcome IOC chief's statement on Kuwait
- Iraq Contests Maritime Border Accord between Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
- Free Trade Agreement signed between Jordan and Kuwait