US$5 Billion Investments in Electricity Infrastructure in Yemen
Abdul-Karim Al-Arhabi, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Planning and International Cooperation announced today that Yemen is looking to invest US$5 billion in developing and expanding its electric infrastructure and capacity.
The announcement was made at the 3rd International Yemen Oil, Gas and Minerals Conference (YOGM Conference) which kicked off its activities today in Sana'a. The minister stated that the Yemeni government would fund 20% of the projects while the rest would be funded by investors and international donors such as the World Bank.
- GCC investments into the IT industry poised to reach US$5 billion in 2007
- Conference on German Development Projects Kicks off in Yemen
- Landmark Group poised to register US$5 Billion Revenue by 2015
- Dubai Islamic Bank and Dubai World to launch US$ 5 billion family of sector specific private equity funds
- MOU to launch a large-scale US$5 billion new integrated urban regeneration project in Aqaba