Vodafone Qatar Signs Strategic Agreement to Deploy Qtel Data Centre Solutions
Qtel and Vodafone Qatar today announced an agreement that will see Vodafone use
the facilities of Qtel Data Centre (QDC).
Under this agreement, the systems driving Vodafone Qatar's businesses will be
hosted at the Qtel Data Centre and will be managed by Vodafone Qatar's IT
department. With a growing customer base, Vodafone's use of QDC will allow the
company to extend its switching and billing equipment for their mobile network
and deploy new core equipment for their broadband business.
Since the launch of the Qtel Data Centre in 2006, Qtel has provided Qatar's
leading companies with comprehensive local and international connectivity,
security and protection.
Dr. Nasser Marafih, Chief Executive Officer, Qtel, said: "This agreement today
marks a major building block towards creating a sustainable shared
infrastructure. Infrastructure sharing has already paved the way to a pervasive
infrastructure platform for e-government that supports open IP (Internet
Protocol) technologies, driving consistency, reliability and interoperability."
"Qtel has invested significantly in the expansion of our Data Centre services,
so that companies in Qatar and across the region can benefit from the latest in
hosting and managed services," added Dr. Nasser.
- Qtel Customers Can Now Connect with Vodafone Qatar
- energy city qatar, qtel, at&t and navlink sign co-operative agreement to develop advanced networking services for its tenants
- Energy City Qatar signs agreement with Qtel to operate world class data centre for energy sector
- Qtel Set to Hit 50,000 Mobile Broadband Customers Milestone
- Qtel Signs Major Cable Agreement with Tata Communications