Volkswagen Middle East reaffirms commitment to the region with appointment of new Managing Director
Volkswagen Middle East has announced the appointment of Stefan Mecha as the new Managing Director for the Middle East region with immediate effect.
Mecha has over 15 years experience in the automotive industry, with five years at Volkswagen and will be responsible for driving the Volkswagen business and sales forward across the region.
He joined Volkswagen in 2005 as Regional Director for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles for Western Europe and Middle East based in Hanover, Germany, moving to Regional Director Western Germany for Volkswagen AG in 2007.
Commenting on his new role, Stefan Mecha, Managing Director Volkswagen Middle East, said: “Volkswagen is the most innovative high-volume manufacturer offering the best quality in the respective classes of vehicles. With these challenging times I look forward to driving Volkswagen Middle East further in market share and continuing to bringing our exciting new models and technologies to the region.”
Prior to joining Volkswagen, Mecha worked with another automotive manufacturer in Germany, France and Switzerland as General Manager of Services and also Head of Strategic Marketing and Training.
Mecha holds an MBA and Bachelor Degree in Business Management and is married with three children.
- New Managing Director for Volkswagen Middle East
- Volkswagen Middle East announces new appointments in regional sales and training divisions
- Volkswagen Middle East to host Press Conference at 10th Dubai International Motor Show 2009
- Volkswagen Middle East unleashes CC V6 in the region
- Volkswagen Middle East announces growth in the automotive market share in 2009