Volkswagen sponsors the 2008 Olympic Games
Click here to add Beijing as an alert
Disable alert for Beijing,
Click here to add Organisation Committee as an alert
Disable alert for Organisation Committee,
Click here to add Volkswagen as an alert
Disable alert for Volkswagen,
Click here to add Volkswagen Group as an alert
Disable alert for Volkswagen Group
More than 10,000 athletes from more than 200 countries will be competing in the Summer Olympic Games in Beijing from 8-24 August 2008. Athletes will be competing for gold, silver and bronze in 28 disciplines. Volkswagen is supporting the Organisation Committee for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing (BOCOG) as national main sponsor.
As exclusive automobile partner, the Volkswagen Group will be providing the Organisation Committee with a fleet of about 6,000 vehicles. It consists of 4,350 Volkswagens, 650 Skodas and 1,000 Audi-brand cars.
The company in Wolfsburg will be presenting itself during the Olympic Games with a showcase on the Olympic grounds. Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda will each present two models in the 2,000 square-metre-large pavilion under the mottos "Present and Future" (Volkswagen), "Past and Present" (Audi) and "Past and Future" (Skoda).
Volkswagen will be making a further contribution with its support of the international torch relay. An extensive fleet of vehicles will accompany the torch bearers along the legs through Greece and China. Volkswagen is involved world-wide as sponsor of the National Olympic Committees in Algeria, Greece, Ireland, Croatia, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Slovania.
For the first time in the history of the Olympic Games, this mega sports event is being held in the People's Republic of China. Four million visitors are expected. Participation as a national main sponsor is an important component in the Volkswagen Group's strategy for successful involvement in Asia's most important car market.
- POLO RALPH LAUREN Signs Agreement to Extend Outfitting of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams Through 2012
- Beijing ’08 Official Sponsor, Panasonic, Enhances Games Experience for Athletes and Spectators Alike
- Shanghai Volkswagen Joins Hands With MyClick to Explore New Communication Method for Skoda
- Sharjah Torch Relay Committee announces the 15th Asian Games torch relay route
- One2Call to provide telephone interpretation PA and Concierge services to VIPs and guests of Beijing 2008 Olympic sponsors.