W Doha Flies The Flag For Qatar 2022 Bid
To mark the visit of the six-member FIFA delegation to Doha this week, on an inspection tour of Qatar's facilities to host the 2022 World Cup, W Doha Hotel & Residences pulled out all the stops to fly the flag for Qatar's 2022 Bid.
Savac Guvenc, General Manager of W Doha, enthused: "We wanted to show that W is 100% behind the Qatar 2022 Bid for the World Cup and to demonstrate the extent of our commitment to its success. So we dressed the hotel and all our frontline staff – the W Ambassadors – in the Bid's colours."
This week W Doha staff welcomed visitors in Qatar 2022 Bid football gear with badges and pins in a lobby transformed by the Bid colours with football themed displays in every corner.
W Doha also hosted international football stars Ronald De Boer from Holland and Gabriel Batistuta from Argentine who were on hand as Qatar 2022 Bid Ambassadors.
Edgar Vaudeville, W Events Manager, explained: "We wanted to push the envelope and literally fly the flag for the Bid, so overnight we produced a number of flags in the colours of the Bid that reflected the key messages like 'Expect Amazing'. W Doha is setting the trend for hosting this incredible event, showing it is at the heart of Qatar and is saving no effort to win the right to host the world's favourite game for the first time in the Middle East."
- Dohaland Celebrates Qatar’s National Day with Local Community
- Dohaland celebrates Qatar’s National Day with local community
- W Doha hosts Qatar Concierge Society
- How the Expo 2020 is about to bring on a tug of war between the UAE and Qatar
- After winning the World Cup bid, anything is possible: Qatar receives 'Oscar of the Travel Industry'