Wanted Baath Party member captured by US-led forces in Iraq
The U.S. military said Tuesday that a former member of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party who is on Washington's list of most-wanted Iraqis was in the custody of U.S.-led forces in Iraq.
The U.S. Central Command (Centcom) said in a statement that Ugla Abid Sighar al-Kubeiysi was a Baath Party regional chairman in Dhi Qar governorate and was No. 50 on the wanted list. "(He) is now in custody of coalition forces," the statement said.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Top US envoy to Iraq starts Gulf tour; Baath party offcially dissolved
- Senior Baath Party official captured; Thousands of Iraqis demand US forces to leave
- Former Baath Party detained in Iraq
- Two wanted Iraqis captured
- Senior Baath Party official in US hands; Saudi Arabia to deal with Iraq transitional government