War On Terror
October 18, 2010
A Yemeni court on Monday sentenced to death Al-Qaeda bombmaking expert Saleh al-Shawsh.
October 17, 2010
Yemeni warplanes bombed al Qaeda targets in southern Yemen on Sunday.
October 16, 2010
Yemeni security forces have captured a man suspected of financing al-Qaeda in Yemen, the Interior Ministry said on Saturday.
September 28, 2010
A Yemeni security official announced on Tuesday security forces thwarted a plan by al-Qaeda which was targeting Yemeni and foreign personalities, including military officials in a number of provinces.
September 27, 2010
Saudi interior minister said the kingdom's security forces had foiled almost 240 planned terror attacks in recent years, with only 10 actually being carried out, local press reported on Monday.
September 26, 2010
Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh said Sunday he is determined to fight al-Qaeda.
September 15, 2010
The American embassy in Jordan warned its citizens on Wednesday against travelling to the port city of Aqaba, citing an "imminent" threat.
September 1, 2010
An Algerian security official on Wednesday said a suicide bombing attack on a military convoy in the north of the country killed at least four people and injured 20.
August 29, 2010
Security sources said that the Algerian army killed 10 gunmen suspected of belonging to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
August 28, 2010
Eight Yemeni trooops and a civilian were killed on Saturday in an attack by Al-Qaeda gunmen on an army post in the southern province of Abyan
August 24, 2010
Al-Qaeda fighters were fleeing the embattled city of Loder in southern Yemen following clashes with government forces in which dozens have died.
August 11, 2010
Morocco has recently broken up a "terrorist" cell which included 18 members.
August 8, 2010
Egyptian authorities have arrested three people suspected of planning to carry out "terrorist" attacks in the resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh.
August 4, 2010
Al Qaeda elements claimed Tuesday that a suicide bomber blew himself up near a Japanese oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz last week, the US monitoring group SITE said.
August 3, 2010
Jordanian authorities continue to believe that militants in Egypt are responsible.











