Washington Announces Investigative Panel on Middle East Violence
The United States officially announced Tuesday the creation of a panel of five international figures to investigate violence in Palestinian territories.
Former US senator George Mitchell, who served as mediator in North Ireland peace talks, will preside over the panel, according to a White House statement.
The other panel members will be former US senator Warren Rudman, Turkish former president Suleyman Demirel, EU foreign and security policy chief Javier Solana, and Norway's Foreign Minister Thorbjorn Jagland, the statement said -- WASHINGTON (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Inquiry Commission to Resume Investigations in February
- Israel Boycotts Mitchell\'s Fact-Finding Commission
- Mitchell Says Inquiry Committee Plans to Leave for Mideast Soon
- Israel Says Ready to Work with Inquiry Panel on Middle East Violence
- Norwegian FM to Visit Jordan Friday for Bilateral, Regional Talks