Wataniya Airways Celebrates One Year Of Success With A Special Thank You Gift To Kuwait
Wataniya Airways, Kuwait’s premium service airline is marking a major milestone in its rapid growth today with the celebration of its first anniversary. A special ceremony to mark this moment took place at Wataniya Airways’ headquarters at Kuwait International Airport attended by Mr. Abdul Salam Al Bahar, Wataniya Airways’ Chairman, Mr. George Cooper, the airline’s CEO, Wataniya Airways staff members, and members of the media.
The airline is celebrating its first year of operations with many surprises and offers starting today with what the airline is calling its “thank you gift” to Kuwait for the support we’ve received in our successful first year, said Wataniya Airways Chairman and Managing Director Abdulsalam AlBahar, adding “we want everyone to join us in our celebrations, and as we’ve succeeded to make flying an enjoyable experience for the past year, we are extending a special offer to allow as many people as possible to enjoy it. Wataniya Airways is giving one great offer for one day, January 25th 2009, by providing 11,000 Premium Economy seats for 11KD only return, as well as offering our First Class guests who book with us today one free first class ticket as a gift.”
AlBahar noted Wataniya Airways’ achievement in its first year saying that the airline flew more than a quarter of a million guests in its first year to and from its own Sheikh Saad Terminal to its network of 8 destinations across the Middle East. “Our team managed to do remarkable things in a brief period, gaining our guests trust and satisfaction by providing an extraordinary experience, launching flights to eight different destinations with more to be announced soon, and becoming one of the few airlines in the world to launch a frequent flyer program in its first year of operation in our own Wataniya Diwan,” he said, concluding “this would have not been possible without the tremendous support we got from our guests and the community in Kuwait and we thank them for that”.
Wataniya Airways now has a fleet of four custom fitted A320 aircraft and is set to receive three more aircraft in 2010, bringing its total fleet size to seven aircraft.
George Cooper, the airline’s CEO added ““A year ago we set out to give our guests the kind of flying experience that we knew they wanted and deserved. From the start our goal has been to make flying with Wataniya Airways an experience that delights from terminal to terminal. We have invested in the very best of aircraft and staff to help us achieve that goal and it is entirely due to the dedication of our team at Wataniya Airways that we mark this anniversary as the region’s full premium service airline. We want to thank all our guests for their custom and support in the past year – their input and feedback has been consistently helpful in our quest to deliver excellence.”
Major achievements during Wataniya Airways’ first year include:
• Flying to Dubai, Bahrain, Cairo, Beirut, Amman, Damascus, Jeddah, and Sharm El Sheikh from the Sheikh Saad Terminal, becoming the first and only airline in Kuwait to operate from an exclusive terminal.
• Launching “Wataniya Diwan”, the airline’s loyalty program, becoming one of the few airlines in the world to launch a frequent flyer program within its first year of operations.
• Expanding the airline’s operations in Cairo by opening its second sales office.
• Launching Wataniya Airways’ Cargo operations to go in line with the premium services provided.
• Achieving a quarter of a million guests in record breaking time.
• Building a team of over 500 highly qualified professionals across all disciplines.
- Wataniya Airways : Beirut Destination A Great Success In Its First Year
- Wataniya Airways Celebrates Kuwait’s National Day in Style in Jeddah
- Beautybay offers delightful gift sets for the young ones
- Damascus mural sets world record and brightens everyone's day
- Wataniya proudly announces the Start of its 10 years Anniversary Celebrations