Week of Korean films opens in Algiers
The week of Korean films was opened recently in Palais de la Culture of Algiers, with the projection of the film "Zone of Joint-Security", by L. Lun and S. J. Myeong, produced in 2000. The film was screened in the presence of the Korean ambassador in Algiers, Mr. Park Daz Won, several representatives of the Korean diplomatic stuff in Algiers and leading figures in the fields of arts and culture.
The film deals with the decisive period in the history of both Koreas, following the end of hostilities between the two countries and the creation of a buffer zone between them.
At the beginning, friendly relations between soldiers from the two countries develop in this zone but they later quickly turn into constant confrontations, which a woman officer for military safety is sent to inquire.
<i>Liberte Algerie</i> reports that during this week of Korean Film the Cinematheque of Algiers, which has already hosted the week of Korean films in 2000 and in 2002, is going to present seven more full-length Korean films.
- Mohamed Soudani’s film at Cineclub of Algiers
- Korean cultural week in Algiers
- So much to do, so much to see in Egypt this week: September 28 - October 3
- Too much to see, too little time: Egypt's culture picks of the week 12 - 19 October
- Beirut International FIlm Festival loses quantity not quality in 2012