Weizman to Hold Talks with Mubarak Thursday
Former Israeli president, Ezer Weizman, will arrive Thursday in Cairo for talks with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on the Palestinian crisis, said Israel Radio, cited by the official Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA).
The report said that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has knowledge of the visit.
On Wednesday, Weizman held a phone call with Mubarak, which lasted for 15 minutes, said the daily Al Gomhouriyya.
It was the first phone contact between Egypt and Israel since the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic conference (OIC) decided to halt all political contacts with Israel.
But Mubarak has said that he would not stop working for peace.
Relations between Cairo and Tel Aviv have been strained since the outbreak of the Intifada during which Egypt took a tough stand against the Israeli policies – Albawaba.com
- Haaretz: Mubarak, Weizman Seek Deal in Private
- Israel's Weizman in Egypt for Farewell Meeting with Mubarak
- Israel’s Weizman to Pay Goodbye Visit to Mubarak
- Egypt Says Peace Still Has a Chance Before Clinton Leaves Office
- Report: Mubarak may visit in Israel as Tel Aviv ''very pleased'' by warming of ties with Cairo