Welcare Ambulatory Care Center Holds Its First Blood Drive
The new Welcare Ambulatory Care Center, located at Dubai Knowledge Village, recently held its first blood drive in coordination with the Ministry of Health, Central Blood Bank.
Doctors, nurses, administrators and other employees of Welcare Ambulatory Care Center, Welcare World Health Systems and Welcare Hospital participated in the drive, while students, professors and staff from the many nearby educational institutions located at Knowledge Village also had an opportunity to donate blood.
“Coordinating this blood drive is just a part of our ongoing commitment to serving this community, both through the personalized ethical healing care we offer all our patients and via a corporate social responsibility program that recognizes that we are a part of this community,” said Dr. Sumedha Sahni, Director Quality Assurance & Clinics, Welcare World, the Management company for the Welcare Ambulatory Care Center.
The collection drive was held in a specially modified Ministry of Health blood donation bus equipped to allow several people at a time to comfortably donate blood.
Other Welcare corporate social responsibility activities include the Charitable Cardiac Surgery Initiative, the Welcare Post Graduate Clinical Meetings and various community outreach programs.
- Welcare Hospital Holds Blood Drive for Sharjah Blood Bank
- Welcare Helps Launch Health Awareness Lectures at Knowledge Village
- Welcare Hospital announces bi-annual life-saving Blood Donation Drive
- Welcare Hospital to Provide Cardiac Care to Nigerian Health Tourism Patients
- Welcare World Goes International with Health Clinic in Muscat