Welcare Hospital Holds Blood Drive for Sharjah Blood Bank
Welcare Hospital on Sunday held a blood donation drive in coordination with the Ministry of Health Central Blood Bank Sharjah involving employees of the Varkey Group and its affiliated schools and health facilities.
Principals, teachers, doctors, nurses, administrators and other employees of the group’s education and healthcare operations – including Welcare – participated in the high-spirited event at the Welcare Hospital parking lot.
“Welcare is a conscientious and committed member of the communities in which we operate, and we look to help our society in a variety of ways, whether through quality, personalized evidence-based patient care or through activities such as this blood drive, which will contribute to supplies in Sharjah,” said Michael Stroud, CEO of Welcare Hospital.
This is the second time in recent months that Welcare has organized a blood drive, following a collection at the Welcare Ambulatory Care Center at Knowledge Village. Other Welcare corporate social responsibility activities include providing free heart surgery as part of the Emirates World Heart program, the Charitable Cardiac Surgery Initiative, the Welcare Post Graduate Clinical Meetings and various community outreach programs.
- Welcare Ambulatory Care Center Holds Its First Blood Drive
- Welcare and Emirates World Heart to Provide Cardiac Operations to Needy
- Welcare Hospital announces bi-annual life-saving Blood Donation Drive
- Welcare Hospital to Provide Cardiac Care to Nigerian Health Tourism Patients
- Welcare Hospital Appoints New Hospital Manager