West Bank and Gaza Strip under total closure
According to BNA, the Israel occupation Forces (IOF) placed the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip under total closure for an indefinite period of time hours after an Islamic Jihad suicide bomber from the area blew himself up in the nearby coastal town of Netanya, killing three women and wounding at least 89 others.
Sixty others, three of them seriously injured and three others slightly are still undergoing treatment, Medical sources said. The Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz ordered the closure during a meeting with security bodies chiefs to evaluate the situation following the attack. Mofaz ordered also suspension of talks between Israeli and Palestinian defense officials. Mofaz and the Israeli security officials said they believed the Islamic Jihad movement was behind the bombing accusing it of having taken a decision to stop the disengagement plan by plotting such attacks. Following the suicide bomb attack of Netanya, the OIF re-occupied the Toul karem area which Israel abandoned to the Palestinian Authority months ago.
- Hamas bomber injures three Israeli soldiers in Gaza Strip as West Bank under ''general closure''
- Palestinians arrested in West Bank as Gaza Strip under total naval blockade
- Hamas wins local election: West Bank and Gaza Strip under Israeli closure
- Gaza Strip in total darkness
- Gaza Strip under closure as top Hamas leader says movement rejected US proposal to end attacks on Israel