West Bank and Gaza Strip under total closure
According to BNA, the Israel occupation Forces (IOF) placed the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip under total closure for an indefinite period of time hours after an Islamic Jihad suicide bomber from the area blew himself up in the nearby coastal town of Netanya, killing three women and wounding at least 89 others.
Sixty others, three of them seriously injured and three others slightly are still undergoing treatment, Medical sources said. The Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz ordered the closure during a meeting with security bodies chiefs to evaluate the situation following the attack. Mofaz ordered also suspension of talks between Israeli and Palestinian defense officials. Mofaz and the Israeli security officials said they believed the Islamic Jihad movement was behind the bombing accusing it of having taken a decision to stop the disengagement plan by plotting such attacks. Following the suicide bomb attack of Netanya, the OIF re-occupied the Toul karem area which Israel abandoned to the Palestinian Authority months ago.
- West Bank: Two Palestinian policemen killed during Israeli raid; Death toll of Netanya blast rises to four
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops
- Following bus attack: West Bank cities under full closure, PA cuts dialogue with Hamas, Islamic Jihad
- Israel kills two Islamic Jihad activists after movement declares readiness to stop rocket attacks
- Israeli, Palestinian killed as Israel lifts closure