West Bank: Israeli soldier killed
Palestinian fighters ambushed a group of Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank on Monday, killing one and wounding at least two others, witnesses and military sources said.
According to Reuters, the Palestinians detonated a bomb next to an Israeli patrol vehicle as it passed through the old city of Nablus. Israel's Army Radio said the troops were on an arrest raid. Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Fatah, claimed responsibility for the ambush.
Meanwhile, Israeli warplanes bombed the Palestinian Foreign Ministry building in Gaza City early Monday, the second attack on the ministry in a week, witnesses said.
israel also bombed the north Gaza offices of a Hamas-led security force before dawn on Monday, witnesses said. The air strike destroyed the offices in the Jabalya refugee camp.
Israeli troops killed six Palestinians, including a civilian woman, in separate strikes Sunday in the northern Gaza Strip.
- Israel assassinates three Palestinian activists in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- 13 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian in West Bank, raid Gaza Strip
- Israel assassinates two Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Israel kills six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip