West Bank: Israeli soldier shot dead
A Palestinian shot an Israeli soldier to death Saturday afternoon east of the West Bank city of Nablus. The Palestinian fired toward a group of Israeli soldiers from a distance of 10 meters near a checkpoint on the road linking the Jordan Valley to Nablus.
Israeli soldiers in the area returned fire, killing the assailant. Medical crews pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
According to Haaretz, Israeli forces arrested a Palestinian taxi driver suspected of transporting the attacker to the scene.
Meanwhile, a Palestinian died on Saturday of wounds he sustained as an Israeli military jeep crashed last night his car in the West Bank (WB) city of Nablus. WAFA said that Majed Sa'ada 20, died of wounds he sustained after an Israeli military jeep chased and crashed his car in E'zbat El-Jarad area, east Tulkarem.
In the meantime, Israeli troops wounded two Palestinians at an Israeli checkpoint in city of Nablus, witnesses told WAFA. Israeli soldiers opened fire towards Adham al-A'kah 19, and Rakan Suleiman 19, at Hawwara military checkpoint, in the southern entrance of Nablus city. They were hit with live bullets in the legs and transferred to a hospital in the city.
- Palestinian taxi driver shot dead after accidentally hitting Israeli soldier
- Palestinian Shot Dead by Israeli Soldiers in West Bank
- Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli soldiers during West Bank raid
- Israeli soldier shot dead in West Bank, Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Hamas claims killing of Israeli soldier in West Bank; Palestinian shot dead