West Bank: At least 10 Palestinians, including girl, killed during Israeli raids
At least 10 Palestinians, including a girl, were killed wednseday by Israeli forces in the West Bank. Early Wednesday, Israeli occupation soldiers killed five fighters of Fatah's Aqsa Martyrs Brigades during a major raid in the West Bank city of Nablus. An 11-year-old girl was also killed during clashes following the incident, according to Palestinian reports.
A general state of mourning and strike was observed in Nablus, the largest West Bank city, following the Israeli attack. Confrontations took place between angry Palestinian youths and Israeli soldiers in several suburbs of the city, especially in its old quarters. In these clashes, at least 10 Palestinians were wounded.
Loudspeakers of the city’s mosques declared the general mourning and asked shop owners to close down their businesses while classes were called off in schools and at the Najah University.
Later, four Palestinian activists were killed by Israel's undercover troops in the West Bank city of Jenin. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- At least 10 Syrian soldiers killed in Israeli retaliatory raids
- 10 Palestinians, including girl and senior Islamic Jihad activist, killed in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Rafah carnage: At least 14 Palestinians, including 10 peaceful demonstrators, killed by Israeli fire
- Five Israeli troops wounded during West Bank raid
- In three day raid of northern Gaza Strip: Israel kills 17 Palestinians, including two girls