West Bank: Palestinian activist shot dead by Israeli fire
A Palestinian fighter was killed by Israeli fire in a pre-dawn raid in the northern West Bank on Wednesday, Palestinian security sources said.
Iyad Abu Khateb, 19, a member of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, died during an Israeli operation in the Jenin refugee camp, they said. "A unit operating in the sector spotted a group of armed men and opened fire in their direction. One of the men was hit," an Israeli army spokesman said.
He added that the army had arrested 37 "wanted Palestinian militants" in the West Bank.
Later Wednesday, Palestinian gunners fired two rockets from the Gaza Strip, which struck near the southern coastal city of Ashkelon without causing casualties. The Islamic Jihad group claimed responsibility for the firing.
- Palestinian shot dead, US peace activist wounded in West Bank clashes
- Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli fire during West Bank protest
- Settlers kill Palestinian in West Bank; Islamic Jihad activist shot dead in Jenin
- Blast at Hamas activist home in Gaza Strip kills three; Palestinian shot dead in West Bank
- Palestinian teen shot dead during predawn refugee camp raid