West Bank: Palestinian attacker uses axe to kill settler
A Palestinian wielding an axe killed an Israeli youth and wounded a seven-year-old boy in an attack on Thursday in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank, emergency services said. According to Reuters, the incident took place in the Jewish settlement of Bat Ayin, near the West Bank city of Hebron.
The emergency services said one person, aged 16, was killed, and the seven-year-old was lightly wounded. The emergency services described the incident as a Palestinian "terrorist attack." The attacker managed to flee the settlement. Israeli Israeli forces were said to be combing the area in search of the assailant.
The military wing of Islamic Jihad and a lesser-known group identifying itself as the "Imad Mughniyeh Group" claimed joint responsibility for the attack.
- Jewish Settlers Step up anti-Palestinian Attacks in West Bank; Six Intifada Activists Injured in Clashes
- Two Settlers Killed in West Bank; Mofaz Warns of Kassam-II Rockets
- Radical Israeli settlers attack seven-year-old girl
- Two Palestinians run over in Israeli settler "revenge" attack
- Settler killed in West Bank shooting attack; Hamas claims Friday Hebron attack