West Bank: Palestinian, Israeli soldier killed in firefight
An Israeli soldier and a Palestinian fighter died on Tuesday in fighting that erupted during an Israeli raid in the occupied West Bank. According to Reuters, the Israeli army said the soldier died in an exchange of fire with Palestinian activists in a refugee camp in near the city of Nablus during an operation to capture Palestinian activists. Two Israeli soldiers were also wounded.
Local hospital officials said one Palestinian, belonging to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), died and another Palestinian was hurt in the confrontation. Palestinian officials said Mohammed Khaled, 17, was killed during the clashes.
Armed wings of the Islamic Jihad and the PFLP claimed responsibility for the killing of the Israeli soldier.
- New clip showing Israeli soldier dancing close to blindfolded female Palestinian prisoner
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- West Bank: Two Israeli soldiers, Palestinian killed in clash
- Two Killed, 11 Hurt in Firefight between Palestinians
- At least 11 Palestinians shot dead in West Bank and Gaza Strip; Israeli soldier killed in Ramallah