West Bank: Palestinian killed, four Israelis wounded
Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian fighter Tuesday near the West Bank city of Jenin, the Israeli army and Palestinian security said.
Ahmed Hanaishe, a member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, was traveling between Jenin and the town of Qabatiya when his car was blocked by another vehicle and undercover troops inside shot at him, Palestinian security and witnesses said, according to the AP. One other occupant of Hanaishe's car was wounded and he was taken by the Israelis, along with another passenger, the security official said.
Earlier, four Israelis were shot and injured as they were driving near a Jewish settlement in the West Bank, the army and police said. The shooting reported near the settlement of Naaleh, the army said. One of the Israelis was seriously injured and three lightly, the army said. The four were shot from a passing car.
- West Bank: Four Palestinians killed, 11 wounded by Israeli fire
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank, four Israeli soldiers wounded
- West Bank settlement attack: three Israelis killed, one Palestinian shot dead; four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip
- Israel kills four Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Israeli car shot on Route 60, one killed, three wounded