Clashes break out as Israeli army raids another West Bank city
Clashes broke out in the central West Bank city of el-Bireh between young Palestinian men and Israeli troops who raided the city early Saturday morning, witnesses told Ma’an.
The invading Israeli forces surrounded the Burj al-Sheikh building and broke into the Noon Center for Islamic Studies, where they confiscated computers and damaged furniture.
Young men attacked the soldiers with stones and empty bottles, while the Israeli soldiers showered them with tear-gas canisters and rubber-coated steel bullets.
The troops also stormed the offices of PalMedia, a company for TV production and broadcast services in the al-Balou neighborhood. Witnesses said the soldiers assaulted a security guard in the building before they locked him up in his booth. The soldiers confiscated computers and other equipment.
Several houses were also ransacked in al-Balou but no detentions were reported.
- Israel arrests over 30 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- West Bank: At least 20 wounded in clashes with Israeli forces
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian woman in West Bank
- West Bank: Palestinian boy killed during protest againt wall construction
- West Bank: At least 10 Palestinians, including girl, killed during Israeli raids