Winners of UAE Award for Disabled Parents to be Announced Monday
Winners of the UAE first lady, Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Prize for the Ideal Family 2001, will be announced on Monday at a press conference to be held UAE Women's Association, reported Emirati official news agency (WAM).
Running for the fifth year, the prize will be held this year under the title "Disability cannot prevent excellence and progress,” said the agency.
A statement by the association said that the 2001 prize will be given to families in which one of the parents or both of them suffer from physical disability and managed through strong will and determination to raise their children in a healthy environment.
On December 5, it was announced that Sheikha Fatima, who is the Chairwoman of the UAE Women's Federation, donated a sum of two million dirhams for charity work.
Sheikha Fatima opened the doors for donation that touched Dh 4 million and reiterated that good deeds in the UAE had never been linked with occasions like Ramadan and the Eid – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Shell announces winners of Better Environment Awards in Dubai
- Fatima Award for Ideal Family of 2001 Announced
- Winners of Qatrah Award 2008 announced at 2nd Arab Beverages Forum
- Sheikha Fatima Donates Dh2m for Charity Work
- Al-Futtaim Motors announces winners of inaugural Toyota Dream Car Art Contest in the UAE