Witnesses: US troops kill two Iraqis north of Baghdad during house search
Two Iraqis were killed and another injured after U.S. soldiers opened fire while conducting a house-to-house search at a village near Baqubah, located 66 kilometers north of the capital Baghdad, witnesses said Wednesday.
Mohammad Ismail, a local farmer, aged 25, said the three were shot after running away from the Americans during a search at al-Jizani, some 20 kilometers north-west of Baqubah.
He said that Mazen Shoukr and Adel Ismail were killed during the search conducted at around 3:00 am (local time) Wednesday, but did not know the name of the wounded Iraqi.
Hussein Ali, a 30-year-old clerical worker at Baqubah Hospital, said U.S. soldiers had handed over the bodies of the two dead to the hospital at about 10:15 am (local time), according to AFP. (Albawaba.com)
- US soldiers kill Iraqi teen, injure four at Fallujah wedding
- Two Iraqis killed in blast near oil pipeline, Two resistance fighters shot dead by US troops
- Two US troops killed in Iraq as two Time magazine reporters wounded
- Four civilians killed as former Iraqi generals arrested by US forces
- Israel kills two unarmed Palestinians in West Bank