World’s first English-language Islamic satellite TV channel to launch in Ramadan
The world's first English-language Islamic satellite television channel, Al-Majd 2, said Sunday it would start broadcasting on the first day of Ramadan, the Muslim fasting month.
"As the majority of the world's Muslims are non-Arabs we felt it was natural to launch this channel in English," said Wajdi al-Ghazzawi, chief executive officer of Al-Majd 2, according to AFP.
"There are approximately 100 million satellite TV households across the Islamic world," Ghazzawi said in a statement, adding that transmission will begin from studios in Dubai, Riyadh and Cairo.
Ramadan will begin this year in the first week of November.
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- First English Islamic satellite channel to launch during Ramadan
- Dubai Channel 33 launches satellite transmission
- Dubai to Launch Islamic Television Channel
- Go, MBC! "Saraya Abdeen" makers win title of Ramadan 2014's Best Satellite Channel
- Africa 24 satellite news channel to launch with Arabic and English content