World Bank Approves $7m Credit for PA
The World Bank on Friday said it had approved a seven million dollar credit for the Palestinian Authority (PA) to improve educational management in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Tehran Times reported Sunday.
The funds will support efforts to enhance educational policymaking, planning and budgeting at central and district school levels, said the report.
The total cost of the project is $7.63 million.
The interest-free World Bank credit has a 40-year maturity, a 10-year grace period and a service charge of 0.75 percent, it added.
The situation of education in the Palestinian lands is deteriorating due to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, particularly after the outbreak of the intifada in September.
Some Palestinian schools have been damaged by the Israeli troops shelling PA areas – Albawaba.com
- PA Report: Over 8 million Palestinians in entire world
- Israel Bank Closed for Violating Palestinian Regulations
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- 1,250 Palestinian Workers Return to Israel from the Gaza Strip
- Palestinian National Authority Gets $24 Million