World Bank Approves $7m Credit for PA
The World Bank on Friday said it had approved a seven million dollar credit for the Palestinian Authority (PA) to improve educational management in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Tehran Times reported Sunday.
The funds will support efforts to enhance educational policymaking, planning and budgeting at central and district school levels, said the report.
The total cost of the project is $7.63 million.
The interest-free World Bank credit has a 40-year maturity, a 10-year grace period and a service charge of 0.75 percent, it added.
The situation of education in the Palestinian lands is deteriorating due to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, particularly after the outbreak of the intifada in September.
Some Palestinian schools have been damaged by the Israeli troops shelling PA areas – Albawaba.com
- Ithmaar AGM approves US$47.7 m Cash Dividend;Ithmaar Education & Development Fund; and Share split into 4:1
- World Bank approves $7 million credit for Palestinian Authority
- World Bank approves $10 million credit for West Bank and Gaza
- World Bank approves credit line to Palestinian education sector
- World Bank Approves $75m Credit for Yemen