Yahoo! and Nahdet El Mahrousa Launch Social Entrepreneurship Competition for Young Professionals in Egypt
Today, Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) underscores its commitment to the Arabic-speaking world by announcing a new social entrepreneurship campaign and competition in partnership with Nahdet El Mahrousa, an Egypt-based nongovernmental organization (NGO). Yahoo! Inc., Yahoo Middle East, and Nahdet El Mahrousa are spearheading an unprecedented online campaign called, “Social Innovation Starts with YOU” to encourage social entrepreneurship among young Egyptians.
This campaign is aligned with the U.S. Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship that will take place on April 26 – 27, 2010 in Washington D.C., where Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang will deliver a keynote speech addressing how the Internet can positively transform lives, societies, and economies in emerging markets and Arab communities.
“Yahoo!’s announcement to acquire Maktoob last year shined the spotlight on tech entrepreneurs in the Arab world and the incredible potential and talent in the region that is largely untapped,” said Ahmed Nassef, managing director of Yahoo! Middle East. “This partnership with Nahdet El Mahrousa continues our commitment to invigorate and grow the Internet market in the Middle East as a whole and will enable the next wave of tech entrepreneurs from Egypt to realize their dreams. We can’t wait to see their innovative ideas!”
- Nahdet El Mahrousa and Yahoo! Are Looking For Egypt’s Next Great Social Entrepreneurs
- Dubai Internet City and Yahoo! Maktoob to Partner for the 2nd year at GITEX
- Rotana and Yahoo! join forces to launch groundbreaking Internet video service Yahoo!
- Yahoo! Middle East launches new offices in Amman and Dubai
- Yahoo! Provides New Customer Care Services for Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa