Yemen arrests students over political murder
In Yemen, police officials have arrested seven students from a Koranic studies school in connection with the murder of a prominent socialist politician, the Al-Islah Party's electronic newspaper said Monday.
Among those held was Abdul Salam Hariri, a brother-in-law of the party's controversial ideologue Abdul Majid al-Zindani, according to Al-Sahwa newspaper.
A total of 21 people are currently under arrest as investigations go on into the murder of Jarallah Omar, deputy leader of the Yemeni Socialist Party (YSP), the paper said. Hariri knew about the assassination plot, it added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Killer of missionaries confesses had ties to murderer of nuns in Yemen
- Yemeni Students Demand Government Goes over Serial Killings
- Sudanese Man Arrested in Murder of 16 Women in Yemen
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Easter marks beginning of national mourning period for murdered Kenyan students