Yemen Bans US Helicopters From its Airspace without Permission
Yemen on Wednesday banned US helicopters from landing in the country or entering its airspace without permission after an unauthorized flight, a Yemeni air force source told AFP.
"Firm instructions were given to ban any (US) helicopter from entering Yemeni air space without prior permission from the authorities in Sanaa," the source told AFP.
Wednesday morning a helicopter entered Yemeni airspace without permission and was requested to leave, the source said.
The decision comes after more than 60 helicopter landings in Aden -- some reportedly without permission -- since suicide bombers blew a huge hole in a US destroyer in the port city killing 17 sailors on October 12.
Hundreds of US investigators and personnel poured into Aden by ship and plane after the blast -- SANAA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen Bars Another US Helicopter from Landing in Aden
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- US investigators in Yemen Move Operation from Aden to Sanaa
- Taliban Guide Press to Helicopter Debris, Allege US Use of Banned Weapons
- Yemeni merchants know asking forgiveness is better than permission