Yemen confirms tanker blast was caused by terrorist attack
An official statement by the Yemeni interior minister Rashad al-Alimi Wednesday night confirming that the French Limburg tanker blast was a terrorist attack ended two weeks of speculations and doubts.
In his statement, Al-Alimi said: "After long investigations into the blast along with French and US anti-terrorism prosecutors the results undoubtedly indicate the explosion was a deliberate terrorist act by explosives laden boat." "Security systems found out a house, in Mukalla, where the laden boat is supposed to be prepared for the attack," Alimi was quoted as saying by the national news agency, SABA.
Al-Alimi confirmed the current probe would reveal in the near future more information and facts about this terrorist act that harmed "Yemen's reputation and damaged its economy and marine life." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen tanker blast: growing indications for deliberate attack
- French experts probe tanker blast; Yemen officials insist on accident
- Yemen: Nigeria bomber recruited by al-Qaeda in London
- French tanker explodes off Yemen; Diplomat speaks about possible ''terrorist act'', Yemen officials deny
- Yemen Denies Arresting Nine for Plotting to Attack US Embassy