Yemen: Five dead in tourist site blast
Four tourists likely from South Korea and a Yemeni man were killed in an explosion at a tourist site in Yemen, a Yemeni security official said on Sunday. According to Reuters, the official said authorities were investigating the incident in the city of Shibam in the southern province of Hadramout and trying to identify those behind it.
The blast occurred as the tourists visited the city dubbed the Manhattan of the Desert, which boasts the world's oldest skyscrapers dating back to the 16th century.
Separately, authorities said they had arrested Abdullah al-Harbi, a Saudi man who was on a list of 85 suspected militants issued by Saudi Arabia earlier this year.
In January 2008, two Belgian tourists were killed in Yemen in an attack blamed on al Qaeda-linked activists.