Yemen: Gunmen attack government targets
Militants armed with machineguns and rocket-propelled grenades attacked Yemeni government targets in the Marib region on Thursday and clashed with security forces, witnesses told AFP. They opened fire on a government building in the city of Marib, as well as police checkpoints and an electricity sub-station in the area, they said.
The attacks occurred a day after security forces killed the alleged mastermind of a suicide bombing that killed eight Spanish tourists and two Yemeni drivers last month.
- Yemen: At least seven Spanish tourists die in bombing attack
- Second day of fuel riots: At least 16 Yemeni protesters die
- Al Qaeda strengthens in south as Yemen political crisis continues
- Yemen: Deadly clash with al Qaeda as protests continue
- Yemen looks for al Qaeda activists behind tourist site bombing