Yemen hands over five wanted suspects to Saudi Arabia
Yemen has handed over to Saudi Arabia five men whose names appeared on a list of 85 suspects wanted by the kingdom for involvement in attacks, a security official said on Sunday.
The suspects, all Saudi nationals, were extradited on Saturday and are wanted by Riyadh in connection with "terrorist and sabotage" acts, the official told AFP. They include Ali Abdullah al-Harbi, whose arrest the Yemen interior ministry announced in mid-March as part of a search operation for 116 suspects wanted in Yemen for security reasons, the official added.
Accordinng to a Yemeni defence ministry-linked web site, the militants were detained in Yemen and extradited as part of a security pact with Riyadh.
- Yemen’s Interior Minister: Saudi Kingdom to hand over Cole suspects to Sanaa
- Saudi Arabia hands over to Yemen French tanker explosion suspects
- Saudi Arabia, Yemen to exchange suspects
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Saudi Arabia issues list of wanted ”terrorist” suspects