Yemen renews demand to extradite al Qaeda suspects
Yemen's government has renewed an appeal for two Yemenis to be handed over even though Germany has extradited them to the United States where they face charges of funnelling funds to Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda network, according to SABA news agency Tuesday.
"President Ali Abdullah Saleh has given instruction to ask again for Mohammed Ali Al-Moayad and his companion (Mohammed Mohsen Yahya Zayed) to be handed over," the official agency said.
"If the Americans had complaints and evidence against them they could be presented before Yemeni courts to put them on trial," it added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen asks Germany to hand over top al-Qaeda suspects
- Yemen says it will not extradite al-Qaeda suspects, President calls suspects misguided and deceived
- Germany not obliged to extradite two Yemeni suspects
- Yemen opposes American demand to extradite top preacher from Germany
- Germany hands over two Yemeni qaeda suspects to US