Yemen tanker blast: growing indications for deliberate attack
A French inspector said on Thursday debris of what could be an attacking boat had been found on the supertanker holed and gutted by an explosion off Yemen.
"We found debris of a boat which obviously does not belong to the tanker," Jean-Francois Perrouty told Reuters after examining the French-flagged Limburg. He said the debris was made of fiberglass.
The French Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying the first results of the probe seemed to show the blast was due to an attack.
Earlier, as U.S., French and Yemeni anti-terror teams examined the supertanker for evidence, Yemen said for the first time a guerrilla attack could have caused the blast on Sunday.
The American media reported Thursday that United States military investigators looking into the explosion believe the blast may have been caused by a terrorist attack.
Two more US experts have arrived in Yemen, with three French investigators, to further examine the tanker's hull. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen confirms tanker blast was caused by terrorist attack
- French experts probe tanker blast; Yemen officials insist on accident
- Sources: Yemen authorities sure tanker blast was deliberate attack
- French tanker explodes off Yemen; Diplomat speaks about possible ''terrorist act'', Yemen officials deny
- Saudi Arabia hands over to Yemen French tanker explosion suspects