Yemen, US discuss maritime cooperation
Yemeni Prime Minister Abdel Qader Bajammal discussed Sunday maritime cooperation with the US Navy's Fifth Fleet commander Vice Admiral Timothy J. Keating, the official SABA news agency reported.
The two reviewed Yemeni-American cooperation in guarding Yemen's coastline and territorial waters against "illegal trafficking or attempts at infiltration," the agency said. Keating, on his part, said Washington would help in the development and training of the Yemeni coastguard, it added.
He also discussed with the army's chief of staff General Mohamed Ali Qasmi "military cooperation between Yemen and Washington," the agency said. Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh last reviewed military cooperation between Sanaa and Washington in June with the visiting commander of US forces in the Gulf, General Tommy Franks.
Rear Admiral Albert Calland, commander of special operations at the US Central Command, visited Yemen’s capital in May for talks on security cooperation between Yemen and the United States. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- British Ocean Scare to Carry out Maritime Survey Project on Yemen Territorial Waters
- Emirati, Yemeni Navy Leaders Discuss Cooperation
- Dubai Maritime City Authority and Dubai Police discuss steps to enhance registration and licensing for Dubai’s commercial and leisure maritime boats
- Yemen, US discuss agriculture cooperation
- Jordan, US discuss transport cooperation